Heart to Hope Bags
Travel Pick, Inc. donates our clear quart-size bags to be filled with hygiene items and art supplies by local children in the United States. The bags are then taken to local organizations helping families in need, such as domestic violence or homeless shelters. Travel Pick and Heart to Heart with Art also partners with other nonprofit international aid organizations serving communities in need overseas. Photos of the children who received the bags are shared with the volunteers who packed the bags to show how their contributions made a difference.The child preparing the bag writes a personal note and draw pictures for the recipient of the Heart to Hope Bag.
Heart to Hope Bags is a low cost/ high yield service project that focuses on children helping children, where a little heart goes a long way.
Interested in partnering with us on the Heart to Hope Project?
Please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the donation page on Heart to Heart with Art here.
Here are some of the examples of previous Heart to Hope Projects
1. Heart to Hope Project – Cambodia: Third graders in Mountain View, California packed Travel Pick bags with donated art supplies and hygiene items. While the kids were packing the bags, there was a discussion about where the bags were going and why these children needed the bags. After packing the bags, the students wrote and drew personal notes to be included in the bags.
Then the Heart to Hope Bags were sent with Dr. Enoch Choi and Jordan International Aid to Siam Reap, Cambodia and delivered to Children at the BCI (Bridges Cambodia International) orphanage in Peakental Village, Battanbang Province and Ton Sap Lake.
2. Heart to Hope – Philippines: After Typhoon Yolanda hit the Philippines, Travel Pick and Heart to Heart with Art team joined up to pack Heart to Hope Bags at a kid’s art show the nonprofit was hosting. At the event, the donated bags and items were packed by the kids in an assembly line style. The kids also included special notes to the children receiving the bags. The children were eager to help because they understood that this little gift of theirs may be the only gift that the children in the Philippines may receive for Christmas. These Heart to Hope Bags were again delivered by Dr. Enoch Choi and the Jordan International Aid. The bags were passed out to the local children as they waiting to receive medical treatment in the evacuation camps in Tacloban City.
3. Heart to Hope – Liberia: Travel Pick and Heart to Heart with Art are joining volunteers from SF’s Glad Tidings Church to pack Heart to Hope bags and send them to the areas of Liberia devastated by the Ebola virus. There are currently over 4,500 boys and girls across Liberia who have become orphans because of Ebola, according to Morgan Winsor, Liberia’s gender and social protection minister.
4. Heart to Hope Fights Domestic Violence: A professional women’s group in the Bay Area gathered together to pack Heart to Hope bags to be given to a local domestic violence shelter in the Bay Area called Next Door: Solutions to Domestic Violence.
Want to get involved or donate supplies for our next Hope to Heart project?
1. Hope to Heart – Coffee Creek: Travel Pick will be donating our factory seconds of our BellaRouge and BelloNoir bags to a project alongside Heart to Heart with Art to create Heart to Hope Bags for women leaving the Coffee Creek Correctional Facility prison in Tualatin, Oregon.
We are collecting donations for new nightgowns (size large or one-size fits all), hygiene and toiletry items such as shampoos, soaps, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hair brushes, unused make-up, perfume and nail polish.
2. Heart to Hope – Syrian Refugees: Travel Pick again will join Heart to Heart with Art to donate Heart to Heart Hope Bags to the Syrian refugees in both Barrie, Ontario, Canada, and on the island of Chios, Greece.
3. To make a donation to the Heart to Hope Project, please click here ( link to donation page on h2h). We are always looking for unused toiletries, beauty supplies or art supplies to include in our bags. We’re planning another bag drop in Q3 2016. Please help Lisa and the Heart to Heart with Art team prepare another Heart to Hope shipment. Heart to Heart with Art is always open for donations, volunteers, or partners.
Please click here to learn how you can help.
We’re grateful to have touched hundreds of children at home and across the globe. Thank you, we couldn’t have done that without your support.